...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One Thousand: Losing a job

This is a slightly difficult post to write as I just lost my job yesterday. I've been contemplating whether or not I should blog about this but I feel that this project I'm endeavouring to accomplish requires that I be completely honest about the things that are gifts in my life, good and bad. It's hard though because I struggle with feeling that people will look down on me for this, especially people looking at my blog for the first time! However, with losing this job, while I loved it for the short time I had it, I've realised that the seemingly bad things can sometimes and probably always, be a gift. It just takes perspective. I know that God has something bigger and better for me to do. I have absolutely no bitterness about what happened because I focus on the unending love that God has for me knowing that He only wants the best. As I walked away from work yesterday there were tears, but there was also a smile because I knew I was created for something bigger. 

So here it goes...

Gift #66: Losing a job


I took this photo before I realised it was my last day. So the fact that I look sad is purely coincidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment