...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

One Thousand

As the new year has come and gone, I've seen people start their photography resolutions with full force and doing an amazing job with it. I (Kendall) have tried the 365 challenge before (taking a photo a day for a year) but failed terribly. There would always be days I didn't want to shoot or simply didn't feel inspired. So I've decided to take a different approach! After reading this, you may think I'm crazy. 

There is a book going around that some of you may have heard of. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp is an amazing book (or so I've heard) about modelling a life of joy and thankfulness after Jesus' own life. I haven't read the book yet but it is on its way to my front door! Based on this book, many women are making their lists of thousand things that they are thankful for and finding it to be a challenging and enriching experience. 

I not only want to make my list but I want to see the multitude of things that I am thankful for. Over the next couple of years, most likely, I want to photograph 1,000 things that I am thankful for. 

I hope that you will all join and support me in this journey and that maybe it will be an inspiration for you as well to see the world in a new way. I am so excited to see what this project has in store for me but also nervous and scared about the magnitude of what it entails! 

Love,
Kendall 


Gift #1: Sunshine on mustard flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment