...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Thousand: Words and Mail

These two gifts kind of go together simply because they both deal with the written word. If you think about your day, you'll realise that most of it is spent reading or writing. Even if you're sitting in front of the tv, you are reading. I am so grateful for the fact that we can read. That we have some way of communicating thoughts and feelings. Where would we be without them? 

I decided to include mail in this post (I kind of copied one of Ann Voskamp's gifts because I think it's so true!) because you need words to send mail! I LOVE getting mail as I'm sure most of you all do too. One of the highlights of our day is checking the mail. We sound like we have no life! But there's just something about receiving letters that were meant completely for you. Ah, the feeling of opening up to a mailbox chuck full of mail. And, oh, the disappointment when there's nothing. :(

Gift #12: The ability to write


Gift #13: Receiving mail



No comments:

Post a Comment