...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Friday, January 13, 2012

One Thousand: Hidden Treasures

A few days ago, Scott and I decided to take a trip to a huge Salvation Army store/rehabilitation area in search of a desk chair. We finally upgraded from a barstool at our kitchen counter to a desk and chair. My bottom feels so much better for it. While there we founds tons of fun stuff! There were two boats for sale at about $200 a piece (I tried convincing Scott to let me get one but practically won out), a piano with five pedals to make it sound like an orchestra, loads of walkers, golf clubs, and skis of all things! 

I love digging around places like that where you never know what you might find. My little treasures for the day were a little recycled glass pitcher that I intend to put flowers in and a 1976 Polaroid Super Shooter Plus camera. The grand total of these two items together was a wapping $2.50....everything was half off! Isn't it true that one man's junk is another man's, or in this case, woman's, treasure? I have absolutely no idea if the camera actually works. I need to save up for some film! 10 shots costs anywhere from $25 to $60. I can't wait to use it!

For this gift, I chose to depict hidden treasures using this poor forgotten cheap camera that is now one of my prized possessions! 

Gift #3: Hidden treasures in a bin


No comments:

Post a Comment