...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Thousand: Free Will

Today's gift is quite a heavy one so please forgive me. All day I kept toying with the idea of photographing something I'm thankful for using an apple. Is it fruit I'm thankful for or the color red or things that are round? Finally I realised that one of the most amazing things that I am thankful for is free will. True, the fruit Adam and Eve ate in the Garden of Eden was most likely not actually an apple, but this is a reference that everyone understands. 

In the Garden, Adam and Eve loved God in an innocent and undefiled way. They were friends with Him in such a way that we can only imagine (if you haven't read or heard of the book Havah by Tosca Lee, I highly recommend you do!). But one of the greatest acts of love God gave them was the ability to choose to love Him or not. Sadly they chose to go against His perfect design but they realised with this sin that what they had/have with God is more than anything they could ever have elsewhere. With their ability to choose, they were able to love God more than they would have without this choice. This is something God gave us. 

We may have hard lives here on Earth but because we can choose, we don't have to live it alone. 

Gift #2: Free Will


No comments:

Post a Comment