...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Friday, January 27, 2012

One Thousand: Quietude

For the past three days I haven't been sleeping well and then waking up not feeling well because of it. Today is one such day where I just felt lousy. To try to shake myself out of my daze and fogginess I thought I would take a walk. It may not have been completely the best idea because I felt out of breathe and a little faint. But I found a lovely road that I've driven down before but never walked down. It was so peaceful. The air was fresh, there was no one around, it was quiet. And as I kept walking further down the road I then heard water running over stones in this small creek along a vineyard. My heart sighed. I closed my eyes and listened. I savour these moments of solitude and quietude in this noisy world.

Gift #22: Moments of quietude 


No comments:

Post a Comment