...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Monday, January 16, 2012

One Thousand: Birds and Wildflowers

These two photos didn't come about because of any great inspiration. While out shooting yesterday I stumbled upon these birds in these wintered trees right next to our house and knew that I needed to take this picture. Even as I edited it I couldn't decide what gift I wanted to use it for. But as I thought about it, the main thing that attracted me to the photo were the little outlines of the birds in the trees. Therefore, I am thankful for birds. I think they are beautiful and I love their beautiful songs...most of them anyways!

The next photo was also a spur of the moment shot. Scott and I picked up some flowers yesterday that a neighbour had cut off their bushes and decided to put them in our thrift store bought bottles that sit on our computer desk. The light was pouring into our window so beautifully and I knew that the flowers would look so pretty in them. I know these aren't exactly wildflowers but we found them in a place they weren't supposed to be in...off their bush...so in a sense, they are wild. 

Gift #9: Birds in the trees



Gift #10: Wildflowers in jars


No comments:

Post a Comment