...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Thousand: Memories

As Scott and I packed up our house in Scotland to move to California, we, of course, packed all of my camera gear. In the process we found a bunch of old film that I've had for a couple of years....still all unused. I bought a film camera ages ago in the hopes of studying photography but never ended up using it! It will probably serve as a house ornament until I can be motivated to really learn to use it. 

When we finally arrived in California, we unpacked all of my gear and stuck all of the film roles in the fridge. Randomly the other day, I decided to go through the canisters to see if any of them had been used. I found one! The others will continue taking up the space in our butter compartment of the fridge for now. 

Before church today we dropped the film off to be developed having absolutely no idea what would be on it. Picked up the film after church and the photos were extremely poor to say the least! Some of the photos I can't even explain! I don't know who took them or where they were taken. However, a few of them were taken when Scott and I had a friend "date" in 2009, I believe, before we started dating. Before I was interested in Scott at all, we would have little photo outings around northern Scotland. On this particular one, we found a beautiful lighthouse on the coast. I snapped a few photos of it which you can see in the film negative. Those actually turned out beautifully! The other two pictures on the negative are of the beach right by our first house as a married couple in Scotland. Our house was a stone's throw away from the beach....not that it was ever warm enough to go!

The first two pictures are from before Scott and I were married and the second two are from after. I love these special moments when you find something that you had completely forgotten you had and they serve as wonderful memories of different times with your loved ones. 

Gift #6: Moments with my beloved 


No comments:

Post a Comment