...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Monday, April 23, 2012

One Thousand: Hot air balloons

Sunday morning was a beautiful morning. I had to be up at 5:30 am to be at church for 7:00 and I live half an hour away. On the way to church, I was struck by how beautiful everything is at that time of the morning. I'm never up at that time and so rarely see it. I was thinking about how beautiful the lighting is and that a photo shoot at that time (not that anyone would want to meet at 6:30am) would be so beautiful. Then as I rounded the bend in the road I saw a hot air balloon. I've heard that there are constantly hot air balloons around but I still had never seen one in the Napa Valley. I had to stop to take a photo. I almost didn't as I was running late to church but I knew I would regret it if I didn't. It kind of made my morning. I saw quite a few more on my drive but didn't have time to stop. 

Gift #90: Hot air balloons in the morning


No comments:

Post a Comment