...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Monday, April 30, 2012

One Thousand: Flowers, Swings, Make believe, Yoga

First off, a disclaimer: Sorry about the placement of some of my watermarks! I'm learning out to use Lightroom 4 and for some reason it put them all in weird places. Guess I better fix that. 

Gift #91: Flowers in vases

I've been experimenting with black and white and cream tones lately. I normally never use them because I'm such a huge fan of color but sometimes photos just call for it. This picture originally had so many distractions in it because of color that I was forced to take all the color out. I love it in creams though! 


Gift #92: Pushing children on swings

This past week I have been babysitting for my next door neighbors. Little Julian wanted to go swing and wanted me to push him. Needless to say, I got a good little arm workout. Managed to capture this picture right in the middle of one of his outbound swings.


Gift #93: Playing make believe

You forget how to play when you don't have a child around. 

 My ailments were loss of voice and inability to walk.


Gift #94: Flowers from little girls

Again I was babysitting the neighbors' children (I see to always be babysitting, but you would too if you knew these kids!) and Olivia gifted me the best flowers from a bush in front of our houses. 


Gift #95: Being able to stretch

This gift is a bit random. I was lying on the floor today doing some crunches and it suddenly hit me how thankful I am for stretching. I have frequent back pain and stretching really helps me work it out.

I am not a yogi, although I wish I was, I just thought that yoga would be the best way of representing stretching. I've dabbled in and out of learning yoga but would love to devote some serious time to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment