...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Saturday, April 7, 2012

One Thousand: The Cross

I had originally wanted to take this photo yesterday as it was Good Friday but I didn't get a chance. But I certainly wanted to get it in before Easter tomorrow! 

My beautiful grandma gave me this necklace for my high school graduation. I love the delicate nature of the cross with the diamonds in the middle. However, I haven't worn it in quite a few months. It used to never leave my neck. It became a way of showing people that I am a Christian. 

Last night at our Good Friday service, the message confirmed something that I have long sense felt, that the cross shouldn't be taken as lightly as we do by turning it into jewelry and household decorations. It was an object of torture but I do agree that the symbolism of it is about so much more than death: it's about our life. I will most certainly wear my cross again because I love this necklace but I hope that when I do it serves as a real reminder of what Christ sacrificed on the cross when he CHOSE to die for us. 

Gift #78: The Cross


No comments:

Post a Comment