...You are a flower of the field, and a lily of great valleys...Song of Solomon 2:1

Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Thousand: Lots to catch up on! Part I

I haven't posted in AGES! So this will probably be a hefty post. I was writing up all the gifts I haven't posted yet because of being away and life and forgetfulness and I have 27 gifts to get caught up on! I promise this one post won't have 27 photos though. That would be quite a lot to get through. So I'll cut it down to twelve for now. I think that's more than enough! These are going to be slightly out of order! Sorry. I saved them as I came to them which wasn't in order. Oops. 

Gift #98 Pretty cocktails 


Gift #99: Orange juice in a mason jar



Gift #100: Flowers with stars

I have no idea what these little plants are called. I just think they are pretty! They are so delicate but also kind of vicious looking.


Gift #101: Tall wheat grass

I love the tall grass that grows this time of year. I love when it blows in the wind and I love the way it makes the fields have an idyllic presence.


Gift #102: Freshly cut flowers

I know I've done the gift of flowers in jars before so I will make this one simply about freshly cut flowers. Right outside of our house we have tons of rose bushes in a pretty pale pink. I love cutting them occasionally. 




Gift #105: My Birthday!!

Yay for birthdays! Mine was on May 13th. Same day as Mother's Day. I can't wait until I actually have kids because every four years, or something like that, I will get to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day on the same day! How exciting! I love birthdays. 


Gift #104: Smoothies

Our first stop for my birthday after church was Jamba Juice. Yummy yummy. 


Gift #103: Gifts from neighbors

My lovely neighbors surprised me with a lovely bottle of champagne. It's actually still in our fridge. Haven't opened it yet! Need to do that soon I think. :)


Gift #106: Nice dinners out

For my birthday dinner we went to a new restaurant in St. Helena called Goose & Gander. It was very good. I loved the atmosphere. Reminded me of someone's posh study in their mansion. 


Gift #107: Birthday food


Kendall's food: starter - scallops with a jalapeno puree on avacado and bacon
main - halibut with shaved artichokes and a parmesan foam
dessert - chocolate torte with coffee ice cream


Gift #108: Funny cards

This card from my brother made me crack up!



Gift #97: Our new kitten


We love this girl! 
Meet our kitten, Kevin. She is, in fact, a girl, despite the name. We are huge Pixar fans and one of Scott's favorite Pixar movies is "UP". Hence, the name Kevin after the bird in the movie. 

We hadn't planned on getting a cat. A friend of mine had posted on Facebook that three kittens needed homes and posted their photos. I semi-jokingly mentioned on the photo of Kevin that I wanted her. But then at the end of the day I was like, no, if someone else wants her they can have her but if no one adopts her soon then we'll take her. Well, I thought she would have been adopted but sure enough, a few days later my friend gets in touch with me and says that no one has adopted her yet. Well, looks like we were getting a kitten! So on Friday morning we had no plans of getting a kitten and then on Friday night we had her. 

She was a nightmare to drive home with. I picked her up in Napa and brought a box with me so that she could sit in the front seat. Needless to say, we have a climber on our hands. I had to drive with her on my lap the whole way. 

We really love her though. She is super hyper but incredible sweet. She has learned how to climb up our pant legs (luckily we mainly wear shorts) and loves to run like crazy over our bed quilt attacking it. She also loves chewing fingers and toes. She's amazing though. Wouldn't trade her...spunkiness and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment